 Robotics / 18036
Re: What's next for MindStorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 20:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Benton Jackson writes:

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a true MindStorms kit. Here's a quote
from the reviewer:

"...the Spybotics line draws its roots from the ever-popular MindStorms
systems. Spybotics, however, is aimed at a slightly younger audience and
generally takes the blocks into new territory. "

Bummer.

Simeon

I just hope that these Spybots can interface with Mindstorms.  I wold
imagine, since the Spybot tower looks to be IR, that the Spybot 'bots can
also take IR commands from the RCX

The Scout and the Microscout (VLL thru the Scout) can be controlled by the
RCX.  Hopefully it's the same technology.

Dave
-who is saving up money now for these Spybots.