 Robotics / 17999
Re: super cheap tilt sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 20:09:46 GMT

I saw this, and I came up with an idea that some might consider cheating

....For relatively slow rotation speeds, you can use a pendulum with a
rotation sensor at the fulcrum (probably geared so you get several • rotations
of the sensor for one swing of the pendulum).

Could you create a runner to stand between the wheels, with a rotation
sensor on it? the only connection between the runner and the body of the
bike would be a shaft to act as a lever.  I don't think I am getting my
point across, but you could sense immediately any shift in your tilt.  I'm
not sure how easy it is to set up the runner, or if its possible with as
little space as you have under your bike, but its just an idea.