 Robotics / 17977
17976  |  17978
Subject:
super cheap tilt sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:05:07 GMT

I was wondering if anyone knew of any extremely cheap and easy way of making
a tilt sensor - that preferably doesn't involve transistors, etc.
The best I can come up with are some mercury tilt switches with some
resistors - so that a single input port can sense the states of 4 or 5
mercury switches. This would be good for detecting if something is tilting
forward, backward, left or right - but I'd prefer if it was more analog
(like a light sensor). Maybe there could be a pendulum hooked up to some
kind of extremely loose variable resistor or "pot". But I don't know where
to buy those.