 Robotics / 17986
  Re: super cheap tilt sensor?

(...) It somewhat depends on how rapidly the tilt can change - and whether you intend to try to keep the robot level or just to know how much it's tilted by. For relatively slow rotation speeds, you can use a pendulum with a rotation sensor at the (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: super cheap tilt sensor?

(...) Yes - that's right. (...) I once tried to build a two wheeled robot (like a motorcycle) that would balance by steering (just like a bike) - but I never did get a tilt sensor that was fast enough to stop it toppling over without also generating (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: super cheap tilt sensor?

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:3CEAAE66.783CD4...ail.net... (...) rotations (...) Ok... I didn't have any rotation sensors - but now I've bought two from bricklink - that is probably cheaper and easier than buying (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: super cheap tilt sensor?

(...) I was thinking about a two legged robot - but a motor-bike robot would be pretty amazing. I might try doing that myself. (...) apart (...) quickly - (...) much. (...) be (...) I'm not a lego purist though. What I do is break a 2x4 electric (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: super cheap tilt sensor?

I once tried to build a two wheeled robot (like a motorcycle) that would balance by steering (just like a bike) - but I never did get a tilt sensor that was fast enough to stop it toppling over without also generating wild overshoots and basically (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: super cheap tilt sensor?

I saw this, and I came up with an idea that some might consider cheating (...) Could you create a runner to stand between the wheels, with a rotation sensor on it? the only connection between the runner and the body of the bike would be a shaft to (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)