 Robotics / 17951
Re: NQC "No reply from RCX" Help Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 04:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Sadowski writes:
Ahhh..can someone please help me out here. I'm at my last straw with this
problem.

I'm Using:

Bricxcc 3.3
NQC 2.4 a4
Windows 98
USB Tower from RIS 2.0

This has all worked about a month ago.. I haven't made any hardware changes
to my system recently, or even installed any large applications.

Bricxcc finds the RCX just fine, it can do diagnostic tests, and report on
the RCX, So the Tower is definatly communicating with the RCX, and the
little green light does go on.

NQC is displaying this message in DOS when I try to download a program:

Download Program:error
No reply from RCX

Well, I'm having a similar problem, but in my case, NQC and bricxcc just
don't even ever see the brick.  I have firmware installed, and the Lego RIS
2.0 software works and communicates perfectly with the brick (little green
light on the USB tower and everything...can download basic programs, etc).
Problem is, Bricxcc says it can't see the brick and NQC says there was an
error "could not open serial port".  The little green light never goes on in
the tower.

I even set the RCX_PORT environment variable to USB and try the -susb option
in NQC, but it just won't recognize the port.  I am using Windows XP if that
makes any difference (sigh, it certainly has made a difference with the
stupid Vision Commander product from Lego that seems to not support XP and
Lego won't help).

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff McClain