 Robotics / 17408
Re: NQC "No reply from RCX" Help Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:57:48 GMT

Is the firmware still installed on the RCX?  When you turn it on if it
just shows a single digit, then there isn't any firmware.  With firmware
loaded you should see something like "00.00!1" where ! is the LCD icon
of a person.

If firmware is not installed, then download the firmware (either with
Bricxcc or NQC directly).

If firmware is installed, from a console window try:

nqc -Susb -v -raw 120000

and post (or email me) the results.  Also check to see if the green LED
on the tower lights up while this is happening.

Dave Baum

In article <Gso12K.80E@lugnet.com>,
"Brian Sadowski" <twodijits@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ahhh..can someone please help me out here. I'm at my last straw with this
problem.

I'm Using:

Bricxcc 3.3
NQC 2.4 a4
Windows 98
USB Tower from RIS 2.0

This has all worked about a month ago.. I haven't made any hardware changes
to my system recently, or even installed any large applications.

Bricxcc finds the RCX just fine, it can do diagnostic tests, and report on
the RCX, So the Tower is definatly communicating with the RCX, and the
little green light does go on.

NQC is displaying this message in DOS when I try to download a program:

Download Program:error
No reply from RCX

I've tried with 3 seperate RCX..all resulting in the same message. 2 RCX 2.0
and one RCX 1.0

I do have an internal USB hub..I've switched the USB tower off of that and
it still does not work. I've re-booted a billion times, I've also removed
the USB device from the Windows Device Manager, and re-installed it. Nothing
has worked.

Can anyone help me? I'd really hate to go back to a battery power serial
tower.
-Brian