 Robotics / 17330
Re: RCX Dead??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:51:30 GMT

i think i shorted my RCX :(
i was trying to connect a 9v 300mA adapter ti the battery tabs and the wires
must have touched (i'm not sure what happened exactly) and now the thing
doesn't switch on! :< i need help please! i'm not that good with
electronics. and i was wondering whether the lego company would replace the
rcx even though it was my fault.

In lugnet.robotics, Matthias Jetleb writes:
You didn't indicate whether it is an old-style 1.0 RCX (external
adapter) or not, so I'll asume it's a batteries-only unit.

First of all, do you have any experience with electronics?

The first thing I'd be looking at after a mechanical shock would be
the tabs for the batteries. Make sure they are all making contact with
the batteries, and if not, bend them outward slightly. If you have a
power supply (9 - 12V DC), connect the positive and negative terminals
appropriately and see if you have life. If there is, it's the tabs
that connect to the batteries. If not, then you'll have to take the
unit apart.