 Robotics / 17329
Re: RCX Dead??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:15:05 GMT

Jetleb@Netcom.ca (Matthias Jetleb) writes:

The first thing I'd be looking at after a mechanical shock would be
the tabs for the batteries. Make sure they are all making contact with
the batteries, and if not, bend them outward slightly. If you have a
power supply (9 - 12V DC), connect the positive and negative terminals
appropriately and see if you have life. If there is, it's the tabs
that connect to the batteries. If not, then you'll have to take the
unit apart.

Also, there can be contact problems between the tabs and the
circuit board.  They are not soldered on, they only press
against two square contact areas in the corners.
If they are a little bent they can loose that contact,
which happened to my code pilot once after I had opened it.
It was not hard to fix, I bent them back a little
and was more careful when putting the thing together
the second time.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>