 Robotics / 17327
Re: RCX Dead??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:06:43 GMT

Trevyn Watson wrote:
Lego is usually pretty nice about replacing broken lego, far nicer than
they are required to be. I dont know what theyll do about a broken RCX
though. You should call consumer affairs (i dont know the number) and
ask them.

Definitely. I was having problems with my light sensor (this was before
I was using legOS) - the 'test panel' in the Mindstorms software wasn't
reading it, and the RCX just showed a boolean 1 on the light sensor
port. So I called LEGO, and told them that my light sensor wasn't
working. They sent me another one.

... but a few days later, I realized that the problem was that the port
on the RCX was set to passive sensor mode! I called LEGO back, and told
them what the problem had been. I asked if I should send the new light
sensor back; they said to keep it. I now have 2 light sensors.

- Jacob

--
"Terminak #3 has bad keyboard. Pkease fix."