 Robotics / 17153
Re: "Servo" Driver for NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:43:30 GMT

"Jerry Kalpin" <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:GqLv8t.12r@lugnet.com...

This is absolutely the right group!  If you do searches on 'skipped • counts'
or similar wording you will find lots of posts on the rotation sensor
missing counts at low speeds.

Well, I'm not really worried about missing a few counts (even though yeah,
I've noticed that problem, and it's *extremly* irritating...). I was more
interested in finding out if others had tried doing pseudo-servo stuff with
the rotation sensor and a motor attached directly to it, because that's the
drive I typically use for positioning robots.

And if you want to get to the bottom line quickly, check this posting:
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=17113.

I would definately be interested in performing that modification, however, I
fear I won't be able to find a clean way to open the rotation sensor without
mutliating it. It would of course forbid me from entering any robot using
rotation sensors in the competitions in the Toronto area (rtlToronto)
though. :-/

    Iain