 Robotics / 17132
Re: Lego Rotation Sensor Internals - and fix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain writes:
Hello fellow Mindstormers,

After a few hours lent over my oscilloscope, here is what I learned about
Lego rotation sensor : http://www.philohome.com/sensors/legorot.htm

You will find there theory of operation, schematics and a fix to the random
count problem at low rotating speed.

Enjoy !

Philo
www.philohome.com

Have you tested it at high rotating speeds to see if there is any adverse
effects caused by the additional parallel capacitance? (just curious)

Some great work there.  I am currently in the same milieu with a rotation
sensor that is initializing to -1 (when it should be 0) and returning
readings all over the map (well, +-1,2,3 units) despite running motor at
full steam (or slower).

Robert Templeton