 Robotics / 17119
Re: Lego Rotation Sensor Internals - and fix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:39:37 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> writes:
Philippe:

This is a very good review of what goes on in the sensor.
And of course the simple fix is wonderful. I know how
much work even one page like this is and I would like
to thank you for taking time to post it.

I agree, excellent work!

After a few hours lent over my oscilloscope, here is what I learned about
Lego rotation sensor : http://www.philohome.com/sensors/legorot.htm

As for

        These values seem a bit low when compared to Michael
        Gasperi's (see his rotation sensor page), perhaps my
        batteries were exhausted.

I noticed that the sensor is quite sensitive to temperature
(I even considered to use it as a temperature sensor),
you might want to check for that.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>