 Robotics / 1706
Re: flexible tubbing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:04:57 GMT

Linc Smith wrote in message ...
I will post my results of the most flexible found if any one is interested.

I went to the model store, and picked up small diameter silicon tubing used
for fuel systems in RC models.  To be honest I stopped looking after feeling
the silicon tubing, so I didn't investigate the gum rubber, or surgical
tubing options.  The difference between Lego tubing and the silicon stuff I
bought *seems* slight, but it makes a *big* difference in the operation of
the single-grip harvester.  One of the big benefit of the silicon tubing is
that it seems to be the universal choice for RC model fuel lines, and as
such is readily available in RC model stores.  Not having to wait for mail
order was a big bonus.  The cost was $0.85 per foot.

I have LDrawed the single grip harvester, but I will wait until I get the
Excavator LDrawed before I post some renderings.  I will email a picture if
anyone is _really_ interested (no tubing or pneumatic cylinders yet)

Thanks to those that had suggestions,

LINC
ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca