 Robotics / 1525
Re: flexible tubbing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:04:37 GMT

Your best bet is to find a supplier of gum rubber tubing.  Scientific
supply houses or neon making suppliers should have it.  It's the softest
rubber I've ever found.

Larry

At 11:40 PM 12/15/98 +0000, you wrote:
I am looking for a pneumatic tubing substitute that is a great deal more
flexible than the rubber tubing supplied by Lego.  If anyone has ideas, or
experiences I would be grateful to hear about them.

The application (simply) has tubing running between a support boom, and a
processing head (gripper of sorts) that uses pneumatics.  The boom and head
are attached by a "universal-joint", and the head dangles freely.  Current
use of the tubing puts to much restriction in the mobility of the processing
head.

One idea I had was to use a coiled tube (something like a phone cord) but I
never found anything.  I need to run a total of 4 lines to the processing
head.

Thanks