 Robotics / 16545
Re: New to robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:44:19 GMT

I have to add that if you can afford the Super Street senestion it is a
great accessory.   First the car is really fun to build, second, the double
bevel gears are better than putting two bevel gears together for the same
thing.  i have found that lots of things have better gear meshings with the
double bevel gears than with the 15t gears or anythign else.  plus after two
years i still haven't completely dismantled the gearbox it is a great
exercise in elegance.
unlimate excesories kit is really good for the reasons that others have said
but i try not to use rotation sensors for the problems listed by others.

That said, i am going to get two of the pneumatics kits [finally after
silently cursing all of you that have had them for a while] and at least one
of the ultimate builders kits.  Although if you can get a space shuttle kit
that is the best with parts that youget.  plus you get all of those nice and
clean white beams which makes it easier to make R2D2.

Mike "really happy to be in the new book" Fusion

http://odin.prohosting.com/mrplanet