 Robotics / 16546
Re: FIRMDL3 fix!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:46:46 GMT

I wanna know why this guy is so willing to help solve this problem without
having an RIS or even an emulator.
Now that's community suport!!!

mike

"Aaron Berg" <shuz@geocities.com> wrote in message
Hello all. I am working with Rajendra to get this USB thing working. I • fixed
the errors in firmdl3. Using legOS 0.2.5 use the USB patch that is out • there
(I'll post it somewhere soon) Raj got it from somewhere so ask him. • Anyways
copy firmdl3.c and rcx_comm.c to the legos/utils/ directory where there
already is a firm and rcx files. Use your favorite text editor (mine is • joe
for instance) and find the line that says if stricmp( etc. stricmp is not • a
vailid C command so just change stricmp to strcmp or get rid of the If
statement altogether! cus hey if you were wanting to use a serial tower • you
could use a different version of firmdl3. :-) OK! now that we have that
fixed (remember the curly brackets have to be removed if you remove the if
statement) we can save and exit (^kx in joe, :w <enter> :q <enter> in vi).
Just type make and watch the fun stuff float across your screen. Now just
find your RCX image of choice and and type firmdl3 --tty=usb *kernel image
here* <enter>

There ya have it folks. If that doesn't work let me know. I don't have an
RIS, or a kernel image and that fine fix was completely theoretical but at
least firmdl3 did compile on one of my machines. Again let me know if that
works for anyone. :-)

-Aaron