 Robotics / 16547
Re: Droid Developer Kit P-Mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:33:33 GMT

I just bought a pile of Dark Side Developer Kits (CompUSA's selling them for
$4.88 each if you can still find any) but it looks like all the Lego website
support has been removed.  Specifically, the manual says "Check out
www.legomindstorms.com/darkside for more information about the P program,"
but this site does not seem to exist any longer.  I ran a search for old
messages in this group that point to other useful resources on the
mindstorms site but these also seem to have been removed.

Does anyone know if this information (especially the 'ScoutSDK.zip' file) is
still available somewhere else?

- Mike.

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Hystad writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Steven Combs writes:
Lastly...just what is the P-mode.

The micro scout can be programmed using the VLL (Visible Light Link)
protocol.  VLL is directly supported by the scout (for a picture see
http://mindstorms.lego.com/visioncommand/).  I wrote a program for the Scout
that allows me to program the Micro scout using inputs from two touch
sensors.  Commands are selected by pressing touch sensor A.  Touch sensor B
sends the selected command to the Micro Scout.  This was easy to do because
the micro scout doesn't support very many commands.  You can download a
document from the Lego site that outlines what commands are supported.

Go to http://www.legomindstorms.com/scout_sdk/SDK.asp
Download ScoutSDK.zip