 Robotics / 15337
Re: Droid Developer Kit P-Mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 18:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steven Combs writes:
Lastly...just what is the P-mode.  The manual says for future use.  But how
are they going to input a program into this mode?  There isn't a way to
easily download a program as far as I can tell.  Anyone know how to hack
into this feature?  Maybe this is a way to accomplish what I asked in my
first question.

The micro scout can be programmed using the VLL (Visible Light Link)
protocol.  VLL is directly supported by the scout (for a picture see
http://mindstorms.lego.com/visioncommand/).  I wrote a program for the Scout
that allows me to program the Micro scout using inputs from two touch
sensors.  Commands are selected by pressing touch sensor A.  Touch sensor B
sends the selected command to the Micro Scout.  This was easy to do because
the micro scout doesn't support very many commands.  You can download a
document from the Lego site that outlines what commands are supported.

Go to http://www.legomindstorms.com/scout_sdk/SDK.asp
Download ScoutSDK.zip

I recently downloaded the 2.0 firmware and am about to repeat this effort
for the RCX.  Maybe even write a programming interface that runs in the PC.
A program on the RCX could send different VLL messages based on messages