 Robotics / 16532
Re: New to robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:08:36 GMT

Hi,

Well i.m.h.o. it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

These are the kits I bought in order:

--> Robotics Invention System
--> Robotics Discovery Kit
--> Ultimate Accessory Kit
--> Exploration Mars
--> Quad Bike
--> Silver Racer
--> Exploration Mars (Bought a 2cd kit for cool parts)
--> 4x4
--> Competiton Kit (Was on special and wanted some parts)
--> Droid Developers Kit
--> Power Puller

I first went for alot of Mindstorms specific stuff to get all the motors and
goodies I wanted.

Then I expanded on my parts collection so that I could build whatever I
wanted two and not worry about running out of parts.

Now I am buying whatever I feel like but I am patiently waiting for the
R.I.S. 2.0 to be released (it hasn't been released in South Africa yet :( )
so that I can get another RCX.

On Thursday 15 November 2001 20:01, jdslm stated in a virtual court of law:
All,

Can anyone suggest what the best addon to the Mindstorms kit is? I was
thinking about getting either the Vision Command, Ultimate Accessories Kit
or the Ultimate builder kit but wasn't sure which I would get the most
benefit from, any insite would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

James