 Robotics / 16517
    New to robotics —James Motley
   All, Can anyone suggest what the best addon to the Mindstorms kit is? I was thinking about getting either the Vision Command, Ultimate Accessories Kit or the Ultimate builder kit but wasn't sure which I would get the most benefit from, any insite (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New to robotics —John Barnes
     (...) In my opinion, the Ultimate Accessories Kit is the most useful. I have all three of these sets and the parts you get in that one are useful all the time. In particular, the IR remote control is the handiest test tool and a vital emergency (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New to robotics —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
      (...) I concur, and would add that I found the Mars Exploration set to have a number of surprisingly useful pieces including some suspension parts, some generic large pieces, useful tires and other odds and ends. People who already own a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

          Re: New to robotics —James Motley
      All, thanks for helping to make up my mind it is much appreciated now I just have to think up a really good project. :) James (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New to robotics —Steve Baker
     (...) I agree that the remote control is THE most useful gadget when debugging the software and mechanics of your robots...but you can buy it as a separate part - so I'm not sure I'd buy the Ultimate Builders' kit just to get it. Other things that (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New to robotics —Carl Jagt
     Greets, James Depends on where you interests lie... Vision Command gives you a USB "web cam" which can, through your PC, direct the RCX. So if you want to extend your RCX's intelligence by using the PC to visually track things, this is the way to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New to robotics —Quinton Delpeche
   Hi, Well i.m.h.o. it all depends on what you are trying to achieve. These are the kits I bought in order: --> Robotics Invention System --> Robotics Discovery Kit --> Ultimate Accessory Kit --> Exploration Mars --> Quad Bike --> Silver Racer --> (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New to robotics —Mike Fusion
   I have to add that if you can afford the Super Street senestion it is a great accessory. First the car is really fun to build, second, the double bevel gears are better than putting two bevel gears together for the same thing. i have found that lots (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)