 Robotics / 16267
    SHRIMP power —Brian Alano
   OK, I (finally) have a SHRIMP platform which doesn't tear itself apart. Now to the problem of power. The problem is that I don't have enough, of course. Have any of the other SHRIMP builders encountered this? The setup: Each of the six wheels uses a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SHRIMP power —Steven Nickle
     (...) Brian, My shrimp building has been on hold do to a move, but I was having a similar power issue. Splitting the motors between outputs helped. I believe the outputs are current limited (or thermal limited). (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SHRIMP power —Elijah Meeker
   (...) Heh...ayup, six driving motors plus two steering motors takes a lot of juice. The solution to all our woes is here: (URL) the issue of free motor ports. Now, there is still the issue of burning through batteries, and thoguh I haven't explored (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SHRIMP power —John Barnes
   I think most R/C car batteries are 9.6 volts? If that is the case, then it would make an ideal power source. The motor amplifier/booster brick is safe at this voltage. I wouldn't recommend running the Lego motors much above this voltage however, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: SHRIMP power —Ralph Hempel
     (...) Radio Shack also sells a 7.2V RC car battery pack... (...) Q. What is a "stella" performance? A. Marlon Brando in "A Streetcar Named Desire" Cheers, Ralph Hempel ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) Buy "Extreme (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SHRIMP power —Ian Smith
   (...) 9.6V are available, but most (in the UK at least, I assume elsewhere as well) are 6 cells, and therefore 7.2V. (...) Anyone in the UK - Maplin does, and so do most R/C model shops. regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)