 Robotics / 16158
Re: Solar panels, capacitor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:02:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jack Gregory writes:
Thanks for your response, but it really didn't address my questions.
1. How are these things supposed to be connected to an RCX?
2. Assuming that I could get power to it, would the RCX run with a solar
panel (300ma) if I didn't connect any motors?

I have the same thoughts.  You can't use them together.  Power
output/requirements don't match.  You could have an RCX driven vehicle
pulling a trailer that has a solar-cell and capacitor supplying power to a
device that is switched on from time-to-time (conveyor?).  So it might be
useful as an accessory power source.  But you could also have a battery-box
on a trailer and the cost would be much less.

Jerry