 Robotics / 16185
RE: Solar panels, capacitor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:51:17 GMT

I don't think it's practical to power the RCX with such small solar cells
and capacitors. A device like the RCX does not like input voltage drops -
the program will stop running, and the entire RCX will reset when power
comes back up. Such drops are unavoidable with solar panels. When you use
solar panels to power electric circuits, like a house, you usually use large
batteries as a buffer. The batteries have enough capacity to supply full
power to the load for some time. The solar panels are used to re-charge the
batteries.

Tilman