 Robotics / 1599
Re: RCX port information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:45:28 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:50:20 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Markus L.
Noga) wrote:

More specifically, the microcontroller has 8 A/D input pins. Right now,
four of them are used - Sensor 1 through 3 and battery voltage. These
are A/D channels 0-3 in group 0, so they take pins AD0..AD3. However,
the A/D input pins double as Port 7 digital input pins. Pin 6,7 are
connected to the program and view buttons, respectively. This leaves
candidates AD4/5.

Whoa... so you mean, I can just like, take apart a 9V lead, solder
them to those pins, and have 2 extra sensor inputs? or is there extra
'lectronics involved?

Nobody tried so far. The above is merely speculation - that's why I said
"candidates". Should the pins turn out to be unused, legOS will support
6 A/D channels with minor changes.

I have some software to work on right now, and I have a student working
with my RCX, so I can't really experiment with hardware at the moment. I
might be looking into this after Christmas. If you have some spare time
now - go ahead, I'll support you.

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr
INRIA Rhône-Alpes http://www.inrialpes.fr/