 Robotics / 1586
Re: RCX port information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:31:20 GMT

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:50:20 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Markus L.
Noga) wrote:

Hi Scott,

there is lots of technical info available. The H8/3297 series hardware
manual is probably what you're looking for:

http://www.halsp.hitachi.com/tech_prod/h_micon/3_h8300/3_h8_300/h33th014d2/html/h3314frm.htm

A pdf version is available on the same site.

More specifically, the microcontroller has 8 A/D input pins. Right now,
four of them are used - Sensor 1 through 3 and battery voltage. These
are A/D channels 0-3 in group 0, so they take pins AD0..AD3. However,
the A/D input pins double as Port 7 digital input pins. Pin 6,7 are
connected to the program and view buttons, respectively. This leaves
candidates AD4/5.

Whoa... so you mean, I can just like, take apart a 9V lead, solder
them to those pins, and have 2 extra sensor inputs? or is there extra
'lectronics involved?

Jasper