 Robotics / 1594
Re: Space Shuttle Costs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:51:29 GMT

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 02:14:13 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (stephen p
spackman) wrote:

I have a simple, logical, consistent and *standard* proposal that I
think addresses all possible confusion in the matter:

number name
1e0 illion
1e3 Killion
1e6 Million
1e9 Gillion
1e12 Tillion
1e15 Pillion
1e18 Exillion (well, *almost* standard)
1e21 Yillion
1e24 Zillion

(did I get them right?)

Lessee.. from memory:

Kilo
mega
giga
tera
peta
exa
Yotta
Zetta

I think you did. Took me a few seconds to figure it out, tho :)

So 5 Gillion bux is the kwantitee in kweschun.

How bout 5 Giga-bucks? Much more SF :)

Jasper