 Robotics / 1467
Re: Space Shuttle Costs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:51:29 GMT

Nick Taylor wrote:

Dear Mr. Rawding - - -
   To _most_ speakers of English 'five billion' does _not_ equal
5,000,000,000.

Can you point out some statistics that support this - I know that the
British hold this view, but I wonder about Canadians, Aussies, Indians,
etc.

Comments such as yours are what has given
rise to the "Ugly American" syndrome.

Hey, it's our shuttle.

and, BTW, 'Ugly American' syndrome is much more than simple word stuff,
or should I ask the British where the 'f' in lieutenant is?

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |