 Robotics / 15800
RE: Got my RIS 2.0 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:25:42 GMT

Tilman, what you are saying is that the set *seems* to be identical except
for a new IR Tower, new software and some additional 'challanges'.

That's correct.

Could anyone suggest what LEGO has been doing?  They almost launched this
six months ago but withdrew and resupplied stores with RIS 1.5.
Are we all
to run out and buy a product that is essentially the same?  Or are there
value-added features in RIS 2.0 not yet revealed?

Why would you want to buy one unless you want additional RCX's? I think
there's enough demand for the RIS from new customers that they don't have to
worry about enhancing it enough to get existing customers to buy it all over
again. As with 1.5, I'd expect a 2.0 upgrade kit available pretty soon. So
if you want the new tower or software, you could just buy that once it is
available. If you want to do more, get the Ultimate Builders set. It should
ship sometime in August.

I only bought the 2.0 set because I'm curious, and I don't mind having an
extra RCX and the other parts.

Tilman