 Robotics / 1565
RE: NQC software for Mac? (Robolab back ordered)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:10:51 GMT

It's been a long time since I worked with serial hardware, but isn't there
an alternative pair of pins to RTS/CTS?  DTR/DTS or something like that?
If the Mac sets the other pins you might be able to short them to the
RTS/CTS pins.  I know I've done this on special cables built to connect the
2 types of equipment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Osborn [SMTP:fozztexx@fozztexx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 5:00 PM
To: Rob Visscher
Cc: Bob Stern
Subject: Re: NQC software for Mac? (Robolab back ordered)

On Dec. 16 98, 13:57 PST, "Rob Visscher" <ffrob@knoware.nl> wrote:

I'm also wrestling with the Mac problem. I'm looking for someone
who tried getting it working with Virtual PC 2.0.  The software
runs perfectly, but i've got some trouble to communicate with the
IR unit. I'm using a ordinary modem-cable to connect to the IR
unit.

It will *never* work. The PC software fiddles with the RTS and CTS
pins, which the Mac *does not have*.

---
Chris Osborn                            FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice                    2136 Coronado Ave.
707 253 3063 - Fax                      Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>