 Robotics / 1492
  flexible tubbing

I am looking for a pneumatic tubing substitute that is a great deal more flexible than the rubber tubing supplied by Lego. If anyone has ideas, or experiences I would be grateful to hear about them. The application (simply) has tubing running (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

Your best bet is to find a supplier of gum rubber tubing. Scientific supply houses or neon making suppliers should have it. It's the softest rubber I've ever found. Larry (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

Just out of curiosity, exactly what is the tubing for? I can't really tell. Luis (...) ###...### "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler ###...### (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

In message <F415sL.390@lugnet.com>, Linc Smith <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes Forget billions, what are we Brits missing out on with flexible tubbing? Is it an advance on hot tubbing? (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

How about rubber/latex surgical tubing from a chemical or medical supply house? If none in your locale, consider McMaster-Carr in LA -- many varieties of tubing (www.mcmaster.com -- no minimum order). Al Thiele (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

Thanks for the response. There are some good ideas here. I think that I will start by looking for some thin wall surgical tubing, and looking into gum rubber and silicon tubing. There is a RC model store on my way home, and I think I may be able to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

(...) Hello... Your logging machine sounds like a great model. I hope you're able to show a bunch of detailed pictures in the future. <ICS> (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flexible tubbing

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) I went to the model store, and picked up small diameter silicon tubing used for fuel systems in RC models. To be honest I stopped looking after feeling the silicon tubing, so I didn't investigate the gum (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)