 Robotics / 14090
Re: Interfacing Sharp's GP2D02 Distance Sensor to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:28:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ram Meenakshisundaram writes:
Hi,

Here is a link on how to hook up the GP2D02 to the RCX =
http://www.inchlab.com/gp2d02_interface.htm It seems to be overly =
complicated.

Hallo Ram,

you are right that my solution for the Distance Tracker Bot, the interface
for the GP2D02 is a real
"resource killer". At the beginning i planned to istall two of the
GP2D02 at my RCX with this interface. That's the reason i'd istalled two
input port interfaces (one for reading out the front distance sensor, the
other for reading out the rear distance sensor). Until now, only one
is implemented.

One reason to use the GP2D02 with it's serial interface was simply, it was
the only one i can get in a reasonable amout of time. Furthermore i want
to implement a digital interface to my RCX which might be usefull in some
next project.

Very interesting to see the discussions this project triggerd so far...

see u

Andreas

Not to put down on Peter's creation as I think it was =
ingenious, but there must be a easier way to do this instead of =
compromising an input & an output port...

Ram