 Robotics / 14014
Re: Interfacing Sharp's GP2D02 Distance Sensor to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:10:14 GMT

Ralf Krause <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Michael, please tell me how you can write that the power can " ... provide
30 mA of power to operate other sensor electronics." As I 've tested it
seems that you can't do so ... or I am totally wrong ...??

Nice work!!  I guess I don't know where I got the 30mA right now.  Most of
this is based on the fact that I thought there was a 120 ohms in series with
the 8V.  At light loads (where I originally measured) this it is the case.
However when you really load the sensor output down, it looks more like the
resistor is 220 or maybe even 330 ohms.  I just played with my RCX and can
get about 15mA at 5V with new batteries.  The circuit in the RCX is
obviously not a simple resistor anyway.  Sorry to have mislead you.  I think
I'll tinker around with the wording of my web pages.  Too bad you need to
use an output to power the sensor.

Michael Gasperi