 Robotics / 13859
Re: Interfacing Sharp's GP2D02 Distance Sensor to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ram Meenakshisundaram writes:
Hi,

Here is a link on how to hook up the GP2D02 to the RCX =
http://www.inchlab.com/gp2d02_interface.htm It seems to be overly =
complicated.  Not to put down on Peter's creation as I think it was =
ingenious, but there must be a easier way to do this instead of =
compromising an input & an output port...

Ram

Hi Ram,

I don't know an easier way of using GP2D02 but why don't you use the GP2D12
instead ?
It has an analog output.
You don't have to analyze any serial protocol.
And as the lego light-sensor has a driven light source, it should be
possible to drive this sensor too.

you can find a datasheet at :
http://www.sharp.co.jp/ecg/NewProducts/sensor/gp2d12.pdf

Rainer