 Robotics / 14057
Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:23:21 GMT

At 20:56 22-01-2001 GMT, Hao-yang Wang wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, "Marco C." <marco@soporcel.pt> writes:
hmmm... I'm starting to think that the best (and expensive) way to have
good quality wireless image is to mount the roverbot with a DV camcorder
(those tiny new Digital Video expensive cams) together with a X10 wireless
video-sender.
I'd like know how well the image resolution this approach can deliver.
I think the X10 video-sender converts the signal to NTSC, so this is still
not an all-digital solution.

Yes, I wasn't talking about a perfect digital image input, only mentioned
those DV camcorders because of size and image input quality (and
auto-focus, optical zoom, steady-cam capability, etc...)
...*and* because I'll more likely spend major $$$ in a good camcorder that
I can user for regular home-video shots and at the same time use it for
lego projects because of its small dimensions.

hmmm... well, but for now, LEGO Cam will have to do, since I don't have the
$$$ for a DV camcorder neither do I have a X10 wireless PAL
sender/receiver, nor do I have a specific project that can't be made with
Lego Cam... for now.

PS: er... is there a wireless USB sender/receiver kit ? eheheh ;)