 Robotics / 14022
  LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

Has anyone done (or know where to look for) a review on the image quality of the Lego Cam ? I'm interested to know where the Lego Cam stands when compared with other webcams including analog-video mini-cams like the Xcam ? At least, I would like to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

The Lego Cam's quality is much better than the X10 as I have both. The X10 was designed for outdoor only and as such needs a lot of light otherwise the image is dark. The Lego Cam is the same as the quickcam. However, the wireless ability of the X10 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

(...) hmmm... I'm starting to think that the best (and expensive) way to have good quality wireless image is to mount the roverbot with a DV camcorder (those tiny new Digital Video expensive cams) together with a X10 wireless video-sender. :( oh (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

That was not a general statement. The X10's quality is poor for indoor lighting. There are several better wireless digital cameras out there that is far better than the X10, but it costs a lot more. Cant beat the $50 I paid for the X10 via ebay (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

(...) This is true, in terms of both lighting and resolution. XCam2 is a cheap, wireless camera. Whether its image quality is good enough for you depends on the nature of your project. In my case, as long as it picks up my barcode tags, I am happy. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Cam vs. X10's Xcam vs. other webcams

(...) Yes, I wasn't talking about a perfect digital image input, only mentioned those DV camcorders because of size and image input quality (and auto-focus, optical zoom, steady-cam capability, etc...) ...*and* because I'll more likely spend major (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)