 Robotics / 1227
Re: Keeping the piece(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:14:50 GMT

Hossepian, Nishan wrote in message
I was wondering what you all use to keep all your pieces together. • <snip>...
I saw the technic "suitcase" <snip>..., but it's unclear by
looking at the pic whether or not it could accommodate all the pieces I • have
(plus I need room to grow on).

Check out the Lugnet.storage group: Sorting and storage methods/systems for
elements, instructions, catalogs, boxes, etc.

http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.storage

There many sorting ideas and a good survey of what other people do.  It is a
universal Lego problem, with many solutions.  Lugnet.storage is a low
traffic group that many subscribe to... waiting for the ultimate storage
discovery.  :-)

In regard to the Technic cases... I have 5, and am fairly unimpressed with
their utility.  I tried to use them for all my parts, but eventually found
that if you try to store lager tires and pieces you are wasting space for
pieces that don't need to be as "right-on-hand" as say bushings.  If you use
them for small pieces... there is a tendency for spillage over the dividers
between use, and the dividers also give way if you use the suitcase handle
to carry the suitcase 8\  .  They are not something you can throw in your
pack and hope to have an organized part collection when you get to where you
are going.  If you are still interested getting them... I will sell you mine
for a good price.  Silly as it seems my reason for continuing to buy them
was symptom of my Lego Purity illness :-).

LINC

Ps follow-ups to this message are set to Lugnet.storage