 Robotics / 11871
  Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

Hello All, After I bought Mindstorms last fall, I became intrigued by the number of people wanting to drive more than 3 motors or have more than 3 sensors that is offered by the RCX. I took a different approach (unless I missed it in the archives), (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Mark Fabiny wrote: After that I briefly read through the text on your web page i feels like this is how it should have been done from the beginning. The bus system allows complex structures to be build with great "simplicity" (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

I have to agree...EXTREMLY interesting indeed! Have you approached Lego with this?? I'm serious. A modular RCX would be Heaven-sent; it's the way they should have done it in the first place! :) I like your idea with having both a sensor & a port on (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

(...) Mark! This is great work! I am always impressed when someone goes beyond wishing for stuff that LEGO did not provide us with and then actually builds a working model. Your idea of a modular motor/input module is one of the great benefits of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

Hi Harri, The main board typically costs around $199US. It is available from Infineon distributors (Insight, Avnet, and Pioneer in the US), or directly from Phytec (www.phytec.com - look for their Kitcon167). Phytec also makes smaller footprint (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Using CAN to Have More Than 3 Motors/Sensors

(...) Mark! This is great work! I am always impressed when someone goes beyond wishing for stuff that LEGO did not provide us with and then actually builds a working model. Your idea of a modular motor/input module is one of the great benefits of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)