 Robotics / 11057
11056  |  11058
Subject:
RoboTag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:01:15 GMT

Hello fellow LEGO Robotic Architects and Programmers,

I am currently taking a course in Artificial Intelligence.  An integral part
of the course requires an individual project, or better know to us as an
integrated research course.  For my project, I am working with 2 LEGO
Mindstorm kits.  I am attempting to build two robots that will play tag with
each other.  I know I have seen similar projects online, but currently I am
unable to locate the sites.  My questions for all of you are as follows...

1) Can the infared sensors be used to send messages to another RCX?  If so,
would this be a good technique for tagging?

2) Can you point me to any articles about subsumtion architecture,
autonomous mobile robots, or other subjects that may be of interest to my
project?  (a important requirement is that we write a technical paper)

3) Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Brent J. Pliskow
pliskowbj@hiram.edu