 Robotics / 11025
Re: Line Tracker/Follower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:28:21 GMT

Kevin Barnard <kbarnard@paisley.wsfcs.k12.nc.us> wrote:
OK, so I am a dunce. My 8th grade robotics class, and myself, can't make • and
program a line follower that works!!! I tried the one in the amusement • park,
and it didn't work. We can get it to react to one  part correctly, but not • to
react to both directions (whether on light or dark) correctly.

We are using Robolab 1.5

any help out there?

The Italian Legofest IV on next March 26th will feature a Line Following
Contest. I'm sure none of us competitors wants to disclose his own strategy
NOW :-), but if you visit the ItLUG site (http://www.itlug.org) by the end
of the month you'll find pictures and descriptions of all the vehicles and
the most interesting codes too (most of all will be NQC).

I know that some competitors already have their vehicles ready and are just
fine tuning them for maximum speed. Just to give you an idea, from what I
know they run a turn on the RIS 1.5 test pad in 5 to 6 seconds, that IMO is
not so bad :-)

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22