 Robotics / 11026
RE: Line Tracker/Follower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:05:49 GMT

Well, I haven't used Robolab, so I can't give you specifics on exactly how
to do it, but the easiest thing I've found is not making a line follower,
but making a bot that follows the 'edge' of the line.  Instead of trying to
stay in the center of a big black line, the bot will stay on one edge of the
line.  For example, whenever it sees black, it turns right, and whenever it
sees white, it turns left. Very simple.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Barnard
[mailto:kbarnard@paisley.wsfcs.k12.nc.us]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 10:05 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Line Tracker/Follower

OK, so I am a dunce. My 8th grade robotics class, and
myself, can't make and
program a line follower that works!!! I tried the one in the
amusement park,
and it didn't work. We can get it to react to one  part
correctly, but not to
react to both directions (whether on light or dark)
correctly.

We are using Robolab 1.5

any help out there?
--