 Robotics / 11056
11055  |  11057
Subject:
remote controlled rack and pinon car: help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:09:56 GMT

Play Objective:  Remote controlled rack and pinion car using 2 motors and 2
RCX's (Host RCX and Remote RCX)

Host RCX: must control the 2 motors

functions needed:

  1. turn left, then stop turning
  2. turn right, then stop turning
  3. go forward, then stop going forward
  4. go reverse, then stop going reverse

Remote RCX: sends messages to the host to control the model

I have no problem sending messages to the host except that I seem to need 1
more input.

I am thinking that this problem can be solved by software, but I suck as a
programmer.
I have some polarity switches on hand.  Maybe this is my answer somehow, but
again, I suck as a programmer!  The car is built and is quite functional
with lead wires from battery packs, but it would be *so* much cooler if I
could get a remote to work!

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and Build On!

John Matthews