 Robotics / 11060
Re: remote controlled rack and pinon car: help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:23:32 GMT

I am thinking that this problem can be solved by software, but I suck as a
programmer.
I have some polarity switches on hand.  Maybe this is my answer somehow, but
again, I suck as a programmer!  The car is built and is quite functional
with lead wires from battery packs, but it would be *so* much cooler if I
could get a remote to work!

Dave Baum in his book (Definite Guide to Lego Mindstorm) covers a very
effective 3 positions sensors with a light sensor, a yellow 1x2 brick, a green
cross beam brick and a black brick on pp 240.  With a small lever, it is easy
to steer or other functions such as reverse/forward while the touch sensors
can be used for other functions.  Having build it, it is IMHO the best
solution for this kind of application

Jose