 Robotics / 10256
RE: Friction Pulley question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:00:39 GMT

Pulleys and clutch gears can solve the problem but they requires more space. • ...
I did one experiment and I was partially successful using this pulley after
a 8:1 gear reduction (wormgear to 24t, 24t to 8t gear) so that the torque
aplied to the rubber ring was much stronger.

You can use the pulleys as one stage of the gear reduction setup without using
any or minimal additional space. Use a small bushing for the input. Put it as
close to the motor as possible. Or you could go from a small bushing to a small
bushing if you just want slippage without gear reduction in minimal space. If
you can't get enough friction, use a pair of pulleys on each axle with a pair of
rubber bands. That's the same width as normal gears.

One advantage of using pulleys with a rubber band is that you don't have to
worry much about proper spacing of your axles.

Tilman