 Robotics / 10248
Re: Friction Pulley question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:45:35 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

The rubber ring grips the stud on the micro motor.  You can then use it as a
pulley or to connect an axle to the micro motor.  They appear to grip tightly
enough that they never slip within the torque range of the micromotor.

Of the three I have, two grip too well, and one slips quite nicely (too nicely in
some cases.) I don't know, maybe I added a little fingerprint lubricant to it. For
the other two, I found a quick and easy way to add some slip: insert one or more 1
x 1 plates between the micro motor and the pulley.
You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen
to their cry  --Psalms 10:17