 Robotics / 10117
Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:38:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Bert van Dam writes:
Having trouble getting the Hitachi H8 Mindstorm firmware compiler to run on
a W95 platform? Francesco Ferrara has a ready to run installation on his
website!

This seems very interesting! But I fear that having two different C development
environments will split the development efforts... As a developer I wouldn't
want to have to write my code for two platforms, so it would be nice to have
some common ground here...

As a personal opinion, I would prefer to have a "nicer" legOS for Win32 instead
of two different environments, as I often work from both Linux and Windows.

Competition is good, but not always best...

Maybe a solution might be (if compiling legOS under Win32 doesn't get fixed) to
separate the development environment from the actual "OS" code. This way, the
same base code could be used in all environments!

/Vlad