 Publishing / HTML / 282 (-10)
  Re: Flash questions

I've uploaded the first 6 basic pages. There's a lot still, and there might be some bugs- but please tell me if it works, how long it takes to load, and what you think about the layout. (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Yeah, I've made an effort to keep it simple: 4 buttons on the left, a title, and text and pictures organized in boxes. I think I'll use it as my main site. I've actually uploaded a test of the 4 main pages, but because ozbricks.net is down, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Definitely. Although I'm not an <html> guru, I would have to say that using both in conjunction might be an alternative as well. (you don't want to overwhelm the audience with too many graphics, though.) (...) Yes, lack of funding. Many people (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Well, maybe not as time efficient, but it allows you to make much more flexable websites with cool side-effects. (...) Is this really that much of a problem these days? I mean, can anybody surf the net properly and not eventually get flash? (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...HAHAHHA!!! Sorry, but that seemed a real contridiction there -- I have played with Swish, Flash, and HTML in my time and I cannot see how HTML could be much easier and accomplish what it does at the same time. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Flash questions

Hello, all. I've been thinking about making a sight using only Flash. I'm too lazy to do HTML, and Flash is much easier and cooler. :) But, I have a few questions before I go and buy a real program instead of a demo. Why don't more people use Flash? (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Tony's LEGO Stuff v2.0

I say keep the images in the same window. If someone wants a new window, they can hold shift while clicking the link (in IE 6 at least). Descions like that should be made by the viewer, not the coder, IMO. Personally, I don't really like the flash (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Tony's LEGO Stuff v2.0

Tony, I have a piece of Javascript where you can provide it the name of the image and it pops open the window for you. Included on the window is a close button. I could modify the script so that you could provide it the next and previous images and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Tony's LEGO Stuff v2.0

I don't think I have the patience to code a page for each image :( Especially since Paul needs more pics :) I still have to praise Sun for his patience though. As for the text, I was waiting to here about this. I was at a freind's house and they (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Tony's LEGO Stuff v2.0

Instantaneous? Heck Ya! I hate waiting for pics to load, too impatient! I am glad to here that it loads fast. I'm still trickling through with a 28.8 connection, and I think it loads pretty fast, especially after you have the animation cached! (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact