 Publishing / HTML / 275
Re: Tony's LEGO Stuff v2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:13:06 GMT

Tony,

I have a piece of Javascript where you can provide it the name of the image
and it pops open the window for you.  Included on the window is a close
button.  I could modify the script so that you could provide it the next and
previous images and those would be incorporated into buttons or links.

The nice thing about it is that you don't have to actually build a page for
each image you just give the Javascript funtction the image names and it
does all the work for you.

Later today I'll post an example on my website.  If you like it let me know
and I'll pass it along to you.

(OK, so first I said I preferred the back button and now I'm offering to
help with the pop up windows.  Now I'm confused.)

Jason

In lugnet.publish.html, Tony Knaak writes:
I don't think I have the patience to code a page for each image :(
Especially since Paul needs more pics :) I still have to praise Sun for his
patience though.

As for the text, I was waiting to here about this. I was at a freind's house
and they have a monitor resolution at 600x800 and everything was HUGE! She
still said the text was too small. Well I say that it was a deliberate
action to make the text tiny. I think it is to make up for all the other
websites out there that have giant text. not sure really why I did it, but I
think it looks more professional with small text.

Thanks Allister!

out
Tony Knaak
http://www.ozbricks.com/legostuff/index.html

I'm fine with the pop-up window for the pictures, although I wouldn't mind
seeing a 'next' and 'previous' button on them similar to the Foundry DX site.

I have my browser text size set to 'medium' and run a resolution of 1024x768
and I found your text a little on the small side.

Other than that, SWEET. Smooth, simple navigation. Subdued colours and
non-overpowering flash animations, but most of all, your wonderful MOCs in
all their beautifully photographed glory.

Bookmarked.

Allister