 Publishing / HTML / 277
276  |  278
Subject:
Flash questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:38:04 GMT

Hello, all.  I've been thinking about making a sight using only Flash.  I'm
too lazy to do HTML, and Flash is much easier and cooler.  :)

But, I have a few questions before I go and buy a real program instead of a
demo.

Why don't more people use Flash?  Is there a secret problem or limitation
lurking out there?  I've seen a few flash-only sites, but not as many as I'd
expect.

What program do you use?  I am currently using a demo of SWiSH 2.01, and
plan to buy the full version in a few weeks.  I don't have enough money to
buy the $500 macromedia Flash>  :)

I have trouble displaying Flash in a webpage.
The flash works fine when in 'preview mode' in IE, but when I try to enter
the generated code into HTML it just loads and loads for ever, never
actually finishing.

Do you have any more comments about Flash?

You can find the SWiSH Demo at www.download.com

-JHK, who is too lazy to learn HTML.

Message has 4 Replies:
  Re: Flash questions

(...) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...HAHAHHA!!! Sorry, but that seemed a real contridiction there -- I have played with Swish, Flash, and HTML in my time and I cannot see how HTML could be much easier and accomplish what it does at the same time. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)
  Re: Flash questions

(...) Definitely. Although I'm not an <html> guru, I would have to say that using both in conjunction might be an alternative as well. (you don't want to overwhelm the audience with too many graphics, though.) (...) Yes, lack of funding. Many people (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)
  Re: Flash questions

I've uploaded the first 6 basic pages. There's a lot still, and there might be some bugs- but please tell me if it works, how long it takes to load, and what you think about the layout. (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)
  Re: Flash questions

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje news:HA2HrG.6qA@lugnet.com... (...) I know a very interesting web page made in Flash-only: (URL) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.publish.html)