 Publishing / 605
Re: 2 mega-pixel digital cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:59:34 GMT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 05:00:42 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:

Digital camera shoppers!  Check this out.  Might be a viable option to dropping
$500-1000 dollars on a new camera, if you already have a 35mm.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/pictureCD/mac/main.shtml

I've been seeing this advertised on TV.  It looks to me like a new variation on
Kodaks 'PhotoCD' idea.  Might be good if it costs less that PhotoCD did.  The
problem is, that you still have to take the photographs, take the roll to be
developed, then wait to get the disc.  It isn't the same as digital.
At heart, it is still just developing and scanning, though the quality should
be very good.

What I am still waiting for is the idea of a 'digital camera back'.  Where you
can remove the rear of a 35mm camera (the 'back'), and replace it with a
digital photo device.  That way, you can use the capabilities of the existing
camera, combined with a state-of-the-art digital format.  They do exist, but
for very limited models, at very ludicrous prices.

-- Terry K --