 Publishing / 600
Re: 2 mega-pixel digital cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:25:50 GMT

My wife recently purchased a Kodak Advantix system camera ... in the
documentation
was a Kodak FD-300 ... Film Drive that can take a processed roll of film and
scan it in ... supposedly (according to the docs) it will produce a 2300x1500
dpi
which they claim is equivalent to a 4-MegaPixel digital camera ...

I haven't gotten it (yet) ... I think that would be quite flexable for posting
pictures of
creations ... AND having a 'film' camera ... since the wife is pooing a
digital camera.

-Lee.

Huw Millington wrote:

I persuaded my boss to update the digital camera we use at work, so I went
and purchased an Olympus Camedia C-2000. This new camera is a 2 million
pixel job meaning it photographs at 1600x1200.

Naturally I felt obliged to give it a road-test, so today I took some
pictures of LEGO models, using the macro mode and fill-in flash. Quite
simply the photos are stunning!!

A picture says a thousand words, so just take a look for yourself:

http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/temp/duel.jpg
(Qui-Gon and Maul locked in battle in the Tatooine desert)

http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/temp/pod.JPG
(Close up of Sebulba's pod - check out the depth of field!)

http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/temp/n7.JPG
(Close-up of my Naboo Fighter derivative)

The pictures are taken at the default quality setting, but have been
exported from PSP with a JPG quality of 15 to keep the file size sensible,
at around 200k (the originals are about 400k)

The only problem seems to be battery life. I don't know if I'm doing
something wrong, or if the camera has a fault, but a set of alkaline AA
batteries lasts about 10 shots before the camera starts warning of low
battery power!

Huw

hmillington@cix.co.uk
http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw